Post License Education (PLE)
PLE is required for new Sales Associates Licensees licensed after January 1, 2016.
- Calendar begins the day Licensee affiliates with a Principal Broker
- Calendar is 24 months from start date
- Inactive Licensees are NOT exempt from PLE!
- No PLE credit given for duplicate courses
- No more than 9 hours of PLE may be taken in 24 hour period
- PLE Delinquency = License Cancellation!
48 HOUR BREAKDOWN
32 Mandatory PLE Hours
- 3 hour KREC Licensee Compliance
- 6 hours in Agency
- 6 hours in Contracts
- 3 hours in Finance
- 3 hours in Advertising
- 3 hours in Disclosures
- 3 hours in Fair Housing
- 3 hours in Technology and Data Security
- 2 hours in Risk Management
AND 16 Elective PLE Credit Hours
Post License Education (PLE)
Post-license education requires all new sales associate licensees to complete forty-eight (48) hours of post-license education courses within two (2) years of obtaining and activating a real estate license.
Who Needs PLE?
- PLE applies to new sales associate licensees who received and activated their real estate license after January 1, 2016.
- Sales associate licensees who receive their license through the license recognition process are also required to take PLE.
- Sales associate licensed prior to January 1, 2016, are not required to complete PLE.
- New broker licensees are not required to complete PLE.
How does inactivating your license affect the PLE requirement?
- The 2-year deadline for the PLE requirements begins to run once a new sales associate licensee affiliates with a principal broker. So, if you immediately place your license into inactive status you are not required to start completing your PLE requirements.
- IMPORTANT: Once you affiliate your new sales associate license with a principal broker, your 2-year clock to complete the 48-hour requirement begins to run and cannot be paused or stopped if you decide to inactivate your license after having been affiliated with a principal broker. You will need to complete these requirements even while your license is inactive or risk license cancellation.
What happens if I do not complete my 48 hours of PLE by the deadline?
Your license will be canceled.
Can the same PLE course be taken twice for credit?
What else do I need to know?
- PLE courses are required to be real estate specific, to provide practical knowledge of the brokerage business; to protect the public interest and must be practicum based.
- In order for a licensee to receive Post-License Education (PLE) credit for a course, the course must be approved by the Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC) for PLE credit.
- To receive credit, the KREC requires the following:
- Your signature on the sign-in sheet. If you are taking a full-day class, you will also need to sign-in when returning from lunch.
- You must turn in a completed course evaluation and attendance affidavit.
PLE Classroom Regulations:
- No one may enter a class 10 minutes after the assigned start time. The same rule applies for returning from breaks and lunch. No one will be re-admitted into the classroom if returning late from break or lunch.
- NO electronic devices may be used inside the classroom. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, texting and lap-top computers. Anyone using an electronic device during class will be asked to leave without credit or refund.
- Students will receive a ten-minute break every hour. These are the allotted times for using the facilities and taking calls.
- Students are expected to give their full attention during class. Please refrain from holding side conversations, reading materials other than the course hand-outs or taking unscheduled breaks.
- No credit or refund will be given to students barred for violation of these regulations.
To see a course schedule & register for classes, go to: http://ims.lbr.org