The Greater Louisville Association of REALTORS® is dedicated to providing quality continuing education for all of our members. Our goal is to ensure you not only receive your required continuing education hours, but increase the knowledge you need to improve your business.
- Applies to all Kentucky Real Estate Licensees
- Required to attend six hours of continuing education annually
- Three of the six hours must be law
- Kentucky Core Course must be completed once every four years
- Deadline for CE is December 31st
- Check KREC website at krec.ky.gov to verify CE requirements & Core year
- CE requirement begins day PLE requirement ends
- Escrowed Licensees are NOT required to get CE
- CE Delinquency = $500 Fine!
What are my Continuing Education Requirements as a Kentucky Licensee?
Click on this KREC link to see what you have to do to keep your Kentucky License up to date: http://krec.ky.gov/Education/Pages/default.aspx
What is this Ethics requirement I keep hearing about?
The National Association of Realtors® has mandated that ALL Realtors® are required to complete Ethics training once during every 2 years cycle. **This includes any Licensee who is “grandfathered” through the KREC. For more info on this requirement, please go to https://www.nar.realtor/code-of-ethics/training
Why don’t all of the classes I have taken show in my Education History?
You will only see the classes you have taken here at GLAR in your Education history. To get information about your full history of classes taken, please call the KREC at (502) 429-7250 or visit http://www.krec.ky.gov/
How do I find out if I have met my education requirements?
The Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC) website gives each licensee their own personal portal to view their education requirements. Your KREC portal gives you the ability to view your education requirement tracking for your real estate license as well as apply for licenses, cancel your license, put your license in escrow, and much more. Newly licensed agents can now view the specific topic areas in which they’ve received PLE credit from this portal.
Click here to view and easy step by step guide on how to view your education tracking on the KREC website.
What if I have a special circumstance?
Sometimes people have special circumstances whether it is that they missed 3 hours last year, or they have medical issues, or they were in escrow but came out, etc.
We will help you to the best of our ability, but if you have special circumstances we recommend that you call the Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC). They are the final authority when it comes to your license and the requirements to keep it.
What you need to know before coming to class:
The Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC) requires the following in order to receive CE credit:
- Your signature on the sign-in sheet. If you are taking a full-day class, you will also need to sign-in when returning from lunch.
- A completed evaluation, which includes both your legal name and Kentucky Real Estate License number. If you do not know your license number, you may find it by searching the KREC database at http://www.krec.ky.gov/.
CE Classroom Regulations of the Kentucky Real Estate Commission:
- No one may enter a class 10 minutes after the assigned start time. The same rule applies for returning from breaks and lunch. No one will be re-admitted into the classroom if returning late from break or lunch.
- NO electronic devices may be used inside the classroom. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, texting and lap-top computers. Anyone using an electronic device during class will be asked to leave without credit or refund.
- Students will receive a ten-minute break every hour. These are the allotted times for using the facilities and taking calls.
- Students are expected to give their full attention during class. Please refrain from holding side conversations, reading materials other than the course hand-outs or taking unscheduled breaks.
- No credit or refund will be given to students barred for violation of these regulations.