Getting Your Home Ready to Sell
Once a house is on the market, a showing may be scheduled with little notice. So make sure it’s always ready for each showing. With help from your REALTOR and a little elbow grease, the home can be quickly prepared.
Here are some tips to get you started.
- De-clutter shelves, counters and closets
- Get your floors professionally cleaned
- Apply fresh, neutral-colored paint
- Complete a deep clean (counters, baseboards, drapes, etc.)
- Keep the lawn and edges trimmed
- Repair cracks in siding, sidewalks and foundation
- Remove trash, debris, toys or other unnecessary items in the yard
- Paint doors and shutters
- Power-wash the roof
For more ideas on increasing your home’s curb appeal and interior friendliness, contact a local REALTOR.